We all want to travel but long and tedious visa application process often kills desire of traveling abroad of many people. I have been to Vietnam and I must say the place doesn’t give much pain and allows Indians to follow a very smooth path to process the visa requirement.
I am going to explain three methods about how to apply for vietnam visa and you can choose any as per your comfort. Well, I find online method the best among the tree.
- Apply online or apply by yourself – Vietnam Visa on Arrival
- Apply at the Vietnamese Embassy
- Apply through Agent
Apply online or apply by yourself – Vietnam Visa on Arrival (VOA)
I applied online for visa request. The process is called Vietnam Visa on Arrival (VOA) for Indians as you apply online and receive approval letter at any airport in Vietnam.
I would explain here the whole process step by step.
- Go to the official website (https://vietnamvisa.govt.vn/apply-online/) and apply for Vietnam Visa.
- Fill in all your following details carefully in the application form:
- Name- Your name should be written exactly in the way as mentioned on your passport. Name order can be changed means you can place either surname or first name at first place.
- Date of Birth– Follow the format DD/MM/YYYY.
- Nationality – The passport you are using to enter Vietnam must have at least 6 months of validity from the date of arrival.
- Gender – Fill out your gender.
- Date of arrival – Choose and fill in date of arrival as per your convenience as you can either enter Vietnam on or later but not earlier of this registered entry date on official visa approval letter.
- After confirming that all the information has been entered accurately, you will require to pay a fee online using any of major credit cards – Visa, MasterCard or American Express.
- Single-entry Visa – $25
- Multiple entry Visa -$50
- Just after submission of Vietnam visa application and payment, your visa request will get start to be processed. You will receive an Approval Letter within two business days via an email, which you need to take print of and carry with you to Vietnam
- On arrival at any of the Vietnam airports, you are needed to show your Approval Letter, passport, two passport size photographs of size (4cm * 6 cm) and payment for the stamping fee to the Immigration Officer in order to receive a stamp of the Vietnam Visa by him on your passport
Apply at the Vietnamese Embassy – offline process
If you are thinking to apply for Vietnam visa request offline, it will take around 7 to 10 business days to receive a Vietnam Visa if you apply directly at the Vietnamese Embassy.
Follow the below process:
- Go to the link (http://app.ivsource.com/app/img/forms/vn1.pdf), download the form and fill out the complete form.
- Include the following documents with your application:
- One passport size photograph of size (4cm * 6 cm)
- A covering letter which states the purpose or reason of your visit
- All confirmed hotel booking details along with contact information
- Confirmed air ticket for return
- Updated bank account details for last three months
- Evidences that prove you financially strong for the travel (at least USD 1,000)
Apply through Agent
You can take help of an agent if find difficulty in applying visa request by yourself. Agents charge a required amount in terms of agent fee to get you your Vietnam Visa.
Always remember, all the information given or entered by you must be accurate regardless of the method you choose to raise your Vietnam Visa request otherwise your request for visa may be disapproved.
Enjoy your Vietnam trip!